Please note that our current opening hours are reduced. We will be open Thursday to Saturday and Monday, 10am to 4pm.
- You do not need to pre-book. At busy periods we will be operating a one-in/one out policy and there will be a socially distanced queuing system outside the building, if necessary.
- When you arrive, please use the QR code at the entrance to check-in with the official NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace smartphone app. If you do not have the app, you can leave your contact details manually. Contact details left directly with The South Asia Collection will be held securely for 21 days and we will only share them with NHS Test and Trace, if required, in accordance with Government guidelines. Personal data will be used for no other purpose.
- Visitors must wear face coverings inside the premises, unless medically exempt or aged under 11. We reserve the right to refuse admission if face coverings are not worn.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and we ask that visitors use it before entering and leaving the premises.
- Groups of family and friends must not exceed the rule of 6. If you visit with family and friends, you must ensure that you do not interact with any other visitors and break the rule of 6.
- Inside the premises there will be a clearly signed one-way system around the building.
- Public toilet facilities are not available on-site.
- No tours or pre-booked group visits are currently available.
- Unfortunately, during this time, we cannot guarantee car parking availability. The nearest public car park is just across the road at The Forum https://theforumnorwich.co.uk/
- Payment for items purchased in the shop should preferably be contactless, which is available for items under £45. Purchases over this limit should preferably be made by debit or credit card.
- A Perspex screen has been installed at the till point and social distancing queue markers are in place on the floor.
- Please try to avoid unnecessary handling of shop stock. If you cannot see what you are looking for, please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to help.
- Staff will be available to assist and help visitors with our new social distancing procedures.
Cleaning and hygiene
- The premises will be cleaned throughout the day, with particular regard to regular cleaning of touchpoints, such as the entrance door and counter area.
- We will be closing early at 4pm to allow for in-depth cleaning at the end of the day.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks or visors.
- We will be maintaining social distancing of 2m or 1m with risk mitigation.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back to The South Asia Collection Museum and Country and Eastern shop.